Recombinant Human FABP4 Protein (29 Ala/Thr, His Tag)
Beta LifeScience SKU/CAT #: BLPSN-1950
Recombinant Human FABP4 Protein (29 Ala/Thr, His Tag)
Beta LifeScience SKU/CAT #: BLPSN-1950
Our products are highly customizable to meet your specific needs. You can choose options such as endotoxin removal, liquid or lyophilized forms, preferred tags, and the desired functional sequence range for proteins. Submitting a written inquiry expedites the quoting process.
|A-FABP, AFABP, ALBP, aP2, HEL-S-104
|Fatty acid-binding protein, adipocyte, also known as Adipocyte-type fatty acid-binding protein, Fatty acid-binding protein 4, Adipocyte lipid-binding protein, and FABP4, is a cytoplasm protein which belongs to thecalycin superfamily and Fatty-acid binding protein (FABP) family. In familial combined hyperlipidemia (FCHL), FABP4 correlated to body mass index (BMI), waist circumference and homeostasis model assessment (HOMA) index.FABP4 levels were associated with triglyceride-rich lipoproteins. In humans serum FABP4 levels correlate significantly with features of PCOS. It appears to be a determinant of atherogenic dyslipidemia. FABP4 pathway mediates the sebaceous gland hyperplasia in keratinocyte-specific Pten-null mice. FABP4 concentration significantly increased with an increasing of MS features and was strongly correlated with body-mass index, triglycerides, HDL-cholesterol concentrations and blood pressure. Patients in the highest quartile of FABP4 presented a six-fold increased odds ratio for MS and a three-fold increased odds for LD, adjusted by age, sex, body-mass index and the antiretroviral therapy. FABP4 is a strong plasma marker of metabolic disturbances in HIV-infected patients, and therefore, could serve to guide therapeutic intervention in this group of patients.
|A DNA sequence encoding the human FABP4 (P15090) (Cys 2-Ala 132) (29 Ala / Thr) was expressed, with a His tag at the N-terminus.
|Predicted N Terminal
|Cys 2-Ala 132
|The recombinant human FABP4 consisting of 142 a.a. and has a calculated molecular mass of 16 kDa. It migrates as an approximately 15 kDa band in SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions.
|>95% as determined by SDS-PAGE
|Please contact us for more information.
|Please contact us for detailed information
|Lyophilized from sterile 50mM Tris, 200mM NaCl, 10% glycerol, pH 8.2.
|The recombinant proteins are stable for up to 1 year from date of receipt at -70°C.
|For Research Use Only
|Store the protein under sterile conditions at -20°C to -80°C. It is recommended that the protein be aliquoted for optimal storage. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
|Lipid transport protein in adipocytes. Binds both long chain fatty acids and retinoic acid. Delivers long-chain fatty acids and retinoic acid to their cognate receptors in the nucleus.
|Calycin superfamily, Fatty-acid binding protein (FABP) family
Gene Functions References
- FABP4 shows potential as a novel biomarker for diabetic retinopathy prediction in Chinese patients with type 2 diabetes (T2DM), and strict glycemic control and more frequent retinal examination should be highlighted for T2DM patients with the highest quartile range of FABP4. PMID: 29305311
- association between serum FABP4 concentrations and sarcopenia in chronic hemodialysis patients PMID: 29935964
- intermittent high glucose potentiates A-FABP activation and inflammatory responses via TLR4/p-JNK signaling in THP-1 cells PMID: 29850615
- High serum A-FABP concentration is associated with peripheral arterial disease in women, but not men, with type 2 diabetes mellitus. PMID: 28303680
- FABP4 from adipocytes mediate adipocyte-cholangiocarcinoma interactions that are crucial for the invasion, migration and epithelial-mesenchymal transition of cholangiocarcinoma cells PMID: 29237483
- Compared with the low arterial stiffness group, the high arterial stiffness group had higher values for age, systolic blood pressure, pulse pressure, duration of kidney transplantation and serum A-FABP PMID: 28660445
- Blood FABP4 is a biomarker for metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular disease independently of HIV status and antiretroviral therapy. PMID: 29304747
- Increased FABP4 blood level is a biomarker of lead exposure in women. PMID: 29264639
- ubiquitylation destabilizes the fold of two proteins, FKBP12 and FABP4 PMID: 27991582
- Compared to control group, breast cancer patients show higher FABP4 and FABP5 blood levels. Our data suggest that, particularly, circulating FABP4 levels could be considered a new independent breast cancer biomarker. Our work translates basic science data to clinic linking the relationship between adipose tissue and lipid metabolism to breast cancer. PMID: 28701570
- findings reveal a pro-angiogenic role of FABP4 in first trimester placental trophoblast cells and its regulation may have impact in placental physiology. PMID: 28620819
- A-FABP concentration was an independent predictor of cardiovascular events in patients with stable angina undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention. PMID: 29017449
- Ectopic expression and secretion of FABP4 in vascular endothelial cells contribute to neointima formation after vascular injury. PMID: 28903937
- Elevated A-FABP concentration could be a predictor for MetS and arterial stiffness in hypertensive patients PMID: 28860092
- The present study demonstrated that the androgen was correlated with the serum A-FABP levels negatively in men, but positively in women. PMID: 27270834
- Increased second trimester plasma FABP4 independently predicted GH/PE in GDM patients PMID: 29394285
- our research demonstrated that high FABP3 or FABP4 expression had strong prognostic value for overall survival in non-small cell lung cancer PMID: 27323829
- The distribution of genotype frequencies in the assessed women (PON1 Q192R polymorphism) was QQ = 20%, QR = 48% and RR = 32%. Significantly higher serum FABP4 levels were found in women with genotype QR/RR (20.6 +/- 2.20 ng/mL), when compared with the levels found in the QQ group (12.8 +/- 1.70 ng/mL) (p = .004). PMID: 27712128
- serum A-FABP levels were increased significantly in normoglycemic individuals with a first-degree family history of diabetes; the use of serum A-FABP as a biomarker in the first-degree relatives of patients with diabetes may result in overestimation of the risk of obesity-induced metabolic disease and cardiovascular disease PMID: 27534843
- Findings in the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in schizophrenia provide evidence of altered proteins involved in synaptic function (FABP4), cytoarchitecture organization (NEFH), and circadian molecular clock signaling (CSNK1E), which may be contributing to the cognitive and/or negative symptoms in this disorder. FABP4, CSNK1E and NEFH could become potentially useful biomarkers for schizophrenia. PMID: 27236410
- Circulating levels of AFABP and EFABP are not decreased in Lipodystrophy despite adipose tissue loss in contrast to other adipokines including leptin and adiponectin. PMID: 28088613
- Taken together, PPAR gamma and FABP4 gene expression levels in PBMCs [peripheral blood mononuclear cells] may be indicators of metabolic factors and body composition components. PMID: 27563749
- eFABP4 induces ER stress and potentiates the effect of linoleic acid in HepG2 cells, suggesting that FABP4 could be a link between obesity-associated metabolic abnormalities and hepatic insulin resistance mechanisms PMID: 27155388
- Increased second-trimester FABP4 independently predicted pre-eclampsia in women with type 1 diabete and significantly improved reclassification and discrimination. PMID: 27630211
- High levels of FABP4 are significantly related to stroke risk and severity, independent from other traditional and emerging risk factors, suggesting that they may play a role in stroke pathogenesis. PMID: 28781090
- We found that serum FABP4 concentration were associated with insulin resistance and secretion in type 2 diabetes mellitus. This suggests that FABP4 may play an important role in glucose homeostasis. PMID: 28654680
- High FABP4 expression is associated with ovarian cancer. PMID: 27568980
- AFABP levels were higher in neonates compared with adults. Preterm infants had higher AFABP levels compared with full-term infants. Among full-term infants, AFABP levels in SGA infants were lower, compared with appropriate for gestational age and large for gestational age infants. PMID: 28324040
- Exogenous FABP4 plays a key role in tumor proliferation and activates the expression of fatty acid transport proteins in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. PMID: 27061264
- High FABP4 expression is associated with Acute Monocytic Leukemia. PMID: 28108519
- FABP4 over-expression in cardiomyocytes can aggravate the development of cardiac hypertrophy through the activation of ERK signal pathway. PMID: 27294862
- Results show that serum FABP4 levels were significantly increased in patients with psoriasis. PMID: 27864793
- secreted FABP4 and FABP5 from adipocytes as adipokines differentially affect transcriptional and metabolic regulation in ADSC near adipocytes PMID: 27936164
- FABP4 locally produced by epicardial/perivascular fat and macrophages in vascular plaques contributes to the development of coronary atherosclerosis. PMID: 27013610
- Elevated levels of FABP4 are associated with higher cardiovascular mortality among men with type 2 diabetes. PMID: 27609367
- These genes should be at the downstream of signal pathways and be regulated by the 23 genes identified before. Our findings may provide a unique new model for studying the molecular control of cattle cross-talk between adipose and skeletal muscle. PMID: 27856250
- higher serum A-FABP level is positively associated with MetS in type 2 DM patients PMID: 28042581
- FABP4 level was independently associated with gender, adiposity, renal dysfunction, and levels of cholesterol. PMID: 27241838
- FABP4 DNA hypomethylation induced by Hcy may be involved in the overexpression of FABP4, thereby inducing cholesterol accumulation in macrophages. PMID: 27221153
- Study found that the fasting insulin and age-adjusted AFABP concentrations were significantly higher in the gestational diabetes mellitus group of women compared with the normal glucose tolerance participants in the mid- and late stages of pregnancy. PMID: 27181269
- mTOR/FABP4 signaling pathway directly regulates the proliferation of endothelial cells in hemangioma. Rapamycin and inhibitors of FABP4 have therapeutic potential for treating infantile hemangiomas. PMID: 27914823
- Results suggested that the expression of a lipid metabolism-related gene and an important SNP in the 3'-UTR of FABP4 are associated with TNBC prognosis. PMID: 26959740
- In multiple linear regression stepwise analysis, BMI, HbA1C, and HOMA-IR were significantly independent determinants for A-FABP. BMI, HbA1C, and HOMA-IR are independently associated with A-FABP in obese subjects with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes. A-FABP may be related to insulin resistance and inflammation in type 2 diabetes and concomitant obesity. PMID: 27819006
- The increase in placental FABP4 expression in preeclampsia may affect the function of trophoblast, and this increase may have a role in the pathogenesis of preeclampsia. PMID: 26992681
- our findings set up a novel mechanism for FABP4, adipsin and adiponectin through gut microbiota mediating expression in gut Paneth cells. PMID: 26687459
- results underline a gender difference in FABP4 secretion in stable COPD patients. PMID: 26823558
- Increased FABP4 level showed increased risk for reduced lung function in subjects with normal ventilatory function. PMID: 26887419
- High FABP expression is associated with Sepsis. PMID: 27089280
- Serum irisin might exert antagonistic effects on FABP4 in the middle-aged Chinese population. PMID: 26752184
- Urinary FABP4 level is independently correlated with level of albuminuria and possibly predicts yearly decline of estimated glomerular filtration rate. Urinary FABP4 would be a novel biomarker of glomerular damage. PMID: 25506691