Recombinant Human DMP1 Protein (His Tag)
Beta LifeScience SKU/CAT #: BLPSN-1634
Recombinant Human DMP1 Protein (His Tag)
Beta LifeScience SKU/CAT #: BLPSN-1634
Our products are highly customizable to meet your specific needs. You can choose options such as endotoxin removal, liquid or lyophilized forms, preferred tags, and the desired functional sequence range for proteins. Submitting a written inquiry expedites the quoting process.
|ARHP, ARHR, DMP-1
|Dentin matrix acidic phosphoprotein (DMP1) is an extracellular matrix protein and a member of the small integrin binding ligand N-linked glycoprotein family. This protein, which is critical for proper mineralization of bone and dentin, is present in diverse cells of bone and tooth tissues. DMP1 contains a large number of acidic domains, multiple phosphorylation sites, a functional arg-gly-asp cell attachment sequence, and a DNA binding domain. In undifferentiated osteoblasts it is primarily a nuclear protein that regulates the expression of osteoblast-specific genes. During osteoblast maturation, DMP1 becomes phosphorylated and is exported to the extracellular matrix, where it orchestrates mineralized matrix formation. Mutations in DMP1 are known to cause autosomal recessive hypophosphatemia, a disease that manifests as rickets and osteomalacia. DMP1 may have a dual function during osteoblast differentiation. In the nucleus of undifferentiated osteoblasts, unphosphorylated form acts as a transcriptional component for activation of osteoblast-specific genes like osteocalcin. During the osteoblast to osteocyte transition phase it is phosphorylated and exported into the extracellular matrix, where it regulates nucleation of hydroxyapatite.
|A DNA sequence encoding the human DMP1 (Q13316-1) (Met 1-Tyr 513) was expressed, with a His tag at the C-terminus.
|Predicted N Terminal
|Met 1-Tyr 513
|The recombinant human DMP1 consists of 508 a.a. and predictes a molecular mass of 55.4 kDa. In SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions, the apparent molecular mass of rhDMP1 is approximately 53 kDa.
|>85% as determined by SDS-PAGE
|< 1.0 EU per μg of the protein as determined by the LAL method
|Measured by its ability to bind human CFH in a functional ELISA.
|Lyophilized from sterile PBS, pH 7.4.
|The recombinant proteins are stable for up to 1 year from date of receipt at -70°C.
|For Research Use Only
|Store the protein under sterile conditions at -20°C to -80°C. It is recommended that the protein be aliquoted for optimal storage. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
|May have a dual function during osteoblast differentiation. In the nucleus of undifferentiated osteoblasts, unphosphorylated form acts as a transcriptional component for activation of osteoblast-specific genes like osteocalcin. During the osteoblast to osteocyte transition phase it is phosphorylated and exported into the extracellular matrix, where it regulates nucleation of hydroxyapatite.
|Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Secreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix. Note=In proliferating preosteoblasts it is nuclear, during early maturation stage is cytoplasmic and in mature osteoblast localizes in the mineralized matrix. Export from the nucleus of differentiating osteoblast is triggered by the release of calcium from intracellular stores followed by a massive influx of this pool of calcium into the nucleus.
|Hypophosphatemic rickets, autosomal recessive, 1 (ARHR1)
|Expressed in tooth particularly in odontoblast, ameloblast and cementoblast.
Gene Functions References
- dentin matrix protein 1 was detected in the periodontal ligament co-localized with periostin in the vicinity of the cement PMID: 29289709
- The Dentin matrix protein1 (Dmp1) is an acidic phosphoprotein of osteocytes proposed to participate in bone and dentin mineralization. PMID: 28247029
- Thus, unspDMP-1 is a novel chromatin-enriched RNA that epigenetically regulates cellular proliferation of SQCC. PMID: 29278708
- DMP1 might be a potential factor contributing to cardiovascular complications in dialysis patients. PMID: 27390906
- DMP1 gene seems to be involved in genetic predisposition to Ankylosing spondylitis (AS). PMID: 26960368
- DMP-1 immunostaining was higher for MTA and PC, confirming the reparative and bioinductive capacity of these materials. PMID: 25678029
- This review will focus on the aberrant splicing of tumor suppressor/oncogenes that belong to the DMP1-ARF-MDM2-p53 pathway PMID: 26802432
- Expressions of dentin matrix protein (DMP)-1 and osteopontin (OPN) were observed in both normal dentin and dentin from DGI-I affected patients, without significant differences PMID: 25578972
- identify alternative splicing as a mechanism utilized by cancer cells to modulate the DMP1 locus through diminishing DMP1alpha tumour suppressor expression PMID: 25537728
- The findings indicate that DMP-1 is a useful marker of osteogenic differentiation and mineralisation in soft tissue tumours PMID: 25630512
- A family of autosomal recessive form of Hypophosphatemic rickets secondary to a DMP1 mutation located in the first coding exon of the gene, is reported. PMID: 25180662
- Results suggest that FAM20C suppresses FGF23 production by enhancing DMP1 expression, and inactivating mutations in FAM20C cause FGF23-related hypophosphatemia by decreasing transcription of DMP1. PMID: 25026495
- DMP1 may play an important role in maintaining the chondrogenic phenotype and its possible involvement in altered cartilage matrix remodelling and degradation in disease conditions like osteoarthritis. PMID: 24987156
- DMP1 and DSPP were more abundant in carious than in sound samples. PMID: 24441185
- DMP-1 is a matrix marker expressed around osteocytes in human woven and lamellar bone and is useful in identifying osteosarcoma and other bone-forming tumours. PMID: 23559304
- Mutations in PHEX and DMP1 play a role in causing hypophosphatemic rickets. PMID: 22695891
- DMP1 is regulated post-transcriptionally by let-7 during odontoblast differentiation. PMID: 22552299
- DMP-1 stimulated production of IL-6/IL-8 from pulp fibroblasts. Inhibition of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway blocked proinflammatory effect on pulp fibroblasts. DMP-1 might participate in development of inflammatory changes in pulp. PMID: 22152625
- Simvastatin plus all-trans retinoic acid reduces expression of WT1 and DMP1 in the promyelocytic leukemia cell line NB4. PMID: 22093791
- DMP1 is specifically involved in signaling via extracellular matrix-cell surface interaction. PMID: 21642437
- Data show the wide spectrum of genetic variation that can be seen in PHEX, FGF23 and DMP1 when screening a large cohort with hypophosphatemic rickets. PMID: 21050253
- after VE-cadherin induction by DMP1, DMP1 inhibited VEGFR-2 phosphorylation and Src-mediated signaling; DMP1 is identified as a new specific inhibitor of VEGF-induced angiogenesis PMID: 21190990
- possible role of dentine matrix protein 1 in the aetiology of [aggressive periodontitis] PMID: 21299946
- clinical and laboratory observations in this family confirm that DMP1 has an important role in normal skeletal development and mineral homeostasis PMID: 20499351
- Study shows the pivotal roles of Dmp1 in HER2/neu-p53 signaling and breast carcinogenesis. PMID: 21062982
- study describes a Japanese family that includes 2 autosomal recessive hypophosphatemic rickets-affected siblings carrying a novel mutation of the DMP1 gene (98G>A, W33X), which leads to a truncated DMP protein with no putative biological function PMID: 20213538
- The identified genetic mutation underscores the importance of DMP-1 mutations in the pathogenesis of autosomal recessive form of hypophosphatemia. PMID: 19796717
- The patterns of expression of FGF-23, MEPE, and DMP1 differ markedly in trabecular bone, suggesting that individual osteocytes may have specialized functions. PMID: 19679205
- Three SIBLINGs (small integrin-binding ligand, N-linked glycoproteins) enhance factor H's cofactor activity enabling MCP-like cellular evasion of complement-mediated attack. PMID: 11825898
- DMP1 immunostaining intensity and extent scores were significantly higher in adenocarcinoma (p = 0.0004) and squamous carcinoma (p < 0.0001) samples compared with adjacent normal lung tissue PMID: 12929940
- dentin matrix protein-1 is processed by Bone morphogenetic protein-1/Tolloid-like proteinases PMID: 14578349
- Findings indicate that DMP1 immunohistochemistry is a useful tool for identifying phosphaturic mesenchymal tumors (PMTs). PMID: 15001995
- a silencing cis-element may play a critical role in the regulation of DMP1 cell-specific expression PMID: 15108359
- 8-kb region of the Dentin matrix protein 1 (DMP1) gene is a target for mechanotransduction in osteocytes, and its cis-regulatory activity may be correlated to local strain in bone PMID: 15728181
- Dentin matrix protein 1 enhances invasion potential of colon cancer cells by bridging matrix metalloproteinase-9 to integrins and CD44 PMID: 16357164
- analysis of a chondroitin sulfate chain attached to the bone dentin matrix protein 1 NH2-terminal fragment PMID: 16421105
- DMP1 regulates the expression of the DSPP gene PMID: 16679514
- Absence of DMP1 results in defective osteocyte maturation and increased FGF23 expression, leading to pathological changes in bone mineralization. PMID: 17033621
- DMP1 may regulate FGF23 expression. PMID: 17033625
- DMP1 has a role in breast cancer progression and bone metastases development PMID: 17136477
- Thus, our results suggest that Cbfalpha1 upregulates DMP1 gene expression differentially that may contribute to the spatial-temporal expression pattern of DMP1 during odontoblast differentiation. PMID: 17434448
- Discussion of DMP1 role in the maturation of odontoblasts and osteoblasts as well as in mineralization; identification of DMP1 mutations in autosomal-recessive hypophosphatemic rickets; and regulation of phosphate homeostasis through FGF23 [review]. PMID: 18037646
- mRNA of DMP1 involved in the pathogenesis of hypophosphataemic rickets is highly expressed in cells of the osteoblasts/osteocyte lineage. PMID: 18214537
- inactivating mutations in DMP1 increase, through yet unknown mechanisms, FGF23 synthesis and thus enhance renal phosphate excretion--REVIEW PMID: 18660670
- binding of DMP1 with GRP-78 receptor might be an important mechanism by which DMP1 is internalized and transported to the nucleus during bone and tooth development PMID: 18757373
- Dentin matrix protein-1 isoforms promote differential cell attachment and migration PMID: 18819913
- A novel DMP1 deletion is identified as the cause of autosomal recessive hypophosphatemic rickets, as well as demonstrated that the ARHR mutations alter DMP1 cellular processing, and that DMP1 can be regulated by vitamin D. PMID: 19007919
- Deletion of mouse Dmp1 results in bone hypomineralization. PMID: 16294270
- DMP1 is expressed in salivary gland ducts. PMID: 15329369
- DMP1 is expressed in parietal cells of Bowman's capsule and throughout the ductal system of nephrons. PMID: 15954904