Recombinant Human Bcl-W / BCL2L2 Protein (His Tag)
Beta LifeScience SKU/CAT #: BLPSN-0371
Recombinant Human Bcl-W / BCL2L2 Protein (His Tag)
Beta LifeScience SKU/CAT #: BLPSN-0371
Our products are highly customizable to meet your specific needs. You can choose options such as endotoxin removal, liquid or lyophilized forms, preferred tags, and the desired functional sequence range for proteins. Submitting a written inquiry expedites the quoting process.
|BCL-W, BCL2-L-2, BCLW, PPP1R51
|Beta1,4-Galactosyltransferase-I (B4GALT1), one of seven beta1,4-galactosyltransferases, is an enzyme commonly found in the trans-Golgi complex that adds galactose to oligosaccharides. They have an N-terminal hydrophobic signal sequence that directs the protein to the Golgi apparatus and which then remains uncleaved to function as a transmembrane anchor. By sequence similarity, the beta4GalTs form four groups: beta4GalT1 and beta4GalT2, beta4GalT3 and beta4GalT4, beta4GalT5 and beta4GalT6, and beta4GalT7. B4GALT1 gene directs production of B4GALT1 protein using either of two transcription start sites. The product of the smaller transcript serves the traditional biosynthetic role in the Golgi. This form also complexes with alpha-lactalbumin, a mammary-specific protein, to form lactose synthase. In addition to a biosynthetic role, the protein translated from the longer transcript appears on the plasma membranes of some cells where it serves as a signalling receptor in cell-matrix interactions such as sperm-egg binding.
|A DNA sequence encoding the human BCL-W (Q92843-1) (Met 1-Thr 172) was fused with a His tag at the C-terminus.
|Predicted N Terminal
|Met 1-Thr 172
|The recombinant human BCL-W consisting of 182 a.a. and has a calculated molecular mass of 20 kDa. It migrates as an approximately 18 kDa band in SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions.
|>95% as determined by SDS-PAGE
|Please contact us for more information.
|Please contact us for detailed information
|Lyophilized from sterile 25mM Hepes 0.1MKCl 10% glycerolpH 7.5.
|The recombinant proteins are stable for up to 1 year from date of receipt at -70°C.
|For Research Use Only
|Store the protein under sterile conditions at -20°C to -80°C. It is recommended that the protein be aliquoted for optimal storage. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
|Promotes cell survival. Blocks dexamethasone-induced apoptosis. Mediates survival of postmitotic Sertoli cells by suppressing death-promoting activity of BAX.
|Mitochondrion membrane; Peripheral membrane protein. Note=Loosely associated with the mitochondrial membrane in healthy cells. During apoptosis, tightly bound to the membrane.
|Expressed (at protein level) in a wide range of tissues with highest levels in brain, spinal cord, testis, pancreas, heart, spleen and mammary glands. Moderate levels found in thymus, ovary and small intestine. Not detected in salivary gland, muscle or li
Gene Functions References
- the present study demonstrates that miR-422a may serve as a tumor suppressor in osteosarcoma via inhibiting BCL2L2 and KRAS translation both in vitro and in vivo Therefore, miR-422a could be developed as a novel therapeutic target in osteosarcoma. PMID: 29358307
- BCL2L2 knockdown was attenuated the effects of SNHG1 overexpression on cell viability, cell apoptosis and protein levels of cleaved caspase-3, cleaved caspase-9 and Bax in H2O2-treated human cardiomyocytes. PMID: 30355909
- Our comprehensive analysis indicates B-cell lymphomas commonly select for BCLW overexpression in combination with or instead of other antiapoptotic BCL2 family members. PMID: 28855351
- BCL-W contributes to the threshold of anti-apoptotic activity during mitosis PMID: 27231850
- we demonstrated that miR-126-5p plays an inhibitory role in human cervical cancer progression, regulating the apoptosis of cancer cells via directly targeting Bcl2l2. PMID: 28438233
- High expression of Bcl-w was associated with mesenchymal changes and invading populations in the glioblastoma multiforme; Bcl-w functions as a positive regulator of invasion by enhancing mesenchymal traits of glioblastoma multiforme, consequently contributing to malignancy. PMID: 23826359
- BCL2L2 was the virtual target of miR-133b, and we found a negative regulatory relationship between miR-133b and BCL2L2. MiR-133b and BCL2L2 interfered with the viability and apoptosis of cells. PMID: 27802259
- we conclude that BER treatment reduces cisplatin resistance of gastric cancer cells by modulating the miR-203/Bcl-w apoptotic axis. BER may be a novel agent to enhance chemotherapeutic responses in cisplatin-resistant gastric cancer patients PMID: 27142767
- Data show that BCL2-like 2 protein (BCL2L2) is a direct target of micrRNA miR-29b. PMID: 26155940
- these results indicate that miR-335 acts as a novel tumor suppressor to regulate ccRCC cell proliferation and invasion through downregulation of BCL-W expression. PMID: 25846734
- miR-15a acts as a tumor suppressor in NSCLC by directly targeting BCL2L2 and may serve as a potential diagnostic biomarker and therapeutic target for NSCLC. PMID: 25874488
- over-expression of miR-195 sensitized resistant cells to DOX and enhanced cell apoptosis activity, all of which can be partly rescued by BCL2L2 siRNA and cDNA expression PMID: 23526568
- Bcl-w-induced Sp1 activation is a potential marker for aggressiveness of glioblastoma multiforme. PMID: 24552705
- HDMF inhibits Bcl-w-induced neurosphere formation and the expression of glioma stem cell markers, such as Musashi, Sox-2 and c-myc. PMID: 24946210
- Crystal structure of human BCL-W in complex with different DARPins is virtually identical to the ligand-free conformation of its closest relative BCL-XL. PMID: 24747052
- MiR-335 lacks of expression brings about the abnormal accumulation of Bcl-w. PMID: 23708561
- Expression of miR-214 reduces cell survival, induces apoptosis and enhances sensitivity to cisplatin through directly inhibiting Bcl2l2 expression. PMID: 23337879
- Bcl-w protein plays a significant role in the carcinogenesis of human small intestinal adenocarcinoma. Down-regulation of Bcl-w protein in HuTu-80 cells makes them susceptible to 5-Fu. PMID: 22780970
- These findings indicate that miR-29c-mediated BCL2L2 suppression is involved in influenza virus-induced cell death in A549 cells. PMID: 22850539
- By using human cancer cells and mouse embryonic fibroblasts, the study shows that BCL-W functions in the mitochondria to increase the levels of reactive oxygen species (ROS), which subsequently stimulates the invasion-promoting signaling pathway. PMID: 22570867
- our results provide evidence that miR-335 might function as a metastasis suppressor in gastric cancer by targeting SP1 directly and indirectly through the Bcl-w-induced phosphoinositide 3-kinase-Akt-Sp1 pathway PMID: 21822301
- Data show that ABT-737, a small molecule inhibitor of Bcl-2, Bcl-X(L), and Bcl-w, significantly induced apoptosis in HTLV-1 infected T-cell lines as well as in fresh adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma (ATLL) cells. PMID: 22138435
- miR-195 could improve the drug sensitivity at least in part by targeting Bcl-w to increase cell apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. PMID: 21947305
- The alpha4-alpha5 hinge region is required for dimerization of BCL-W, and functioning of both pro- and antiapoptotic BCL-2 proteins. PMID: 22000515
- although the cytosolic domain of BCL-w exhibits an overall structure similar to that of BCL-xL and BCL-2, the unique organization of its C-terminal helix may modulate BCL-w interactions with pro-apoptotic binding partners PMID: 12651847
- structure of reveals a role for the C-terminal residues in modulating biological activity PMID: 12660157
- Bcl-w may play an important protective role in neurons in the Alzheimer disease brain and this aspect could be therapeutically harnessed to afford neuroprotection PMID: 15147516
- Peptide = to BH3 region of proapoptotic protein BID, bound in cleft of antiapoptotic protein BCL-w.Binding induced major conformational rearrangements in both peptide & protein components & led to displacement & unfolding of BCL-w C-terminal alpha-helix. PMID: 16475813
- overexpressed BCL2L2, through amplification or other mechanisms, promotes the growth of a non-smalll cell lung caner cell line. PMID: 17459056
- Bcl-w is a direct target of miR-122 that functions as an endogenous apoptosis regulator in these human hepatocellular carcinoma -derived cell lines. PMID: 18692484
- both uPA and MMP-2 contribute to Bcl-w-induced invasion via the stimulation of the FAK-dependent migratory pathway. PMID: 19097687
- Bcl-w is a new member of the Akt pathway PMID: 19114998
- BCL-W may function as a downstream effector of inappropriate WNT/beta-catenin signalling. PMID: 19124064
- Results show that the folate-induced DNA methylation limits proliferation and increases the sensitivity to temozolomide-induced apoptosis in glioma cells through methylation of PDGF-B, MGMT, survivin, and bcl-w genes. PMID: 19451595
- over-expression of miR-133B increased apoptosis in response to gemcitabine and reduced MCL-1 and BCL2L2 expression. PMID: 19654003